A mind research experiment studying human consciousness goes horrifyingly wrong. Thousands are killed when a Russian suburb mysteriously disintegrates, leaving a mile-deep crater in which time and space are distorted. At the same time, a U.S. space shuttle vaporizes in orbit, and a Canadian mountaintop is ripped away.
One thing lies behind the mystery: The enigmatic mind of Stefan Dürr.
Existence is dreary hell for Dr. Beau Walker, an African-American/Mohawk researcher. An embittered loner, he sleepwalks through life until the government virtually kidnaps him to investigate the vanished city, hurling him into an incredibly menacing adventure beyond your wildest imaginings.
Forced to join a U.S./Russian scientific team, Beau searches for the cause of the disasters. Beginning with a treacherous, life-threatening exploration of the anomalous crater, where scientific laws don’t apply, he’s thrown into a world of unimaginably advanced biotechnology, biowarfare, genetics, paranormal research, and military intrigue.
The stakes are inconceivably high: Find and control the cause…or face worldwide obliteration as other minds across the globe tear reality apart.
The first book of three based on paranormal research, SHIVA is an odyssey from science to neuroscience to the paranormal. Can you handle this mind-bending trip?
- Kirkus Review “Deft dialogue, crisp plotting, and a likable central figure make this multidisciplinary scientific adventure an exuberant and involving read.”
- New Consciousness Review “A thrilling read”
- Portland Book Review “Having the right amount of adventure and romance, this crisscrossing genre tale isn’t just a good read, but may also look great on a big screen.”
- Self-Publishing Review “Any attempt to describe the book in a single statement is difficult, but the book mixes uncommon palettes and manages a masterpiece with it. If The Andromeda Strain was analyzed in four dimensions, The SHIVA Syndrome might be the result…The book mixes uncommon palettes and manages a masterpiece with it. It is a surprising, suspenseful, and utterly superb read from start to end.”
- Midwest Book Review “…highly recommended, indeed; especially for thriller and sci-fi readers who have become deluged with too much predictability and who seek cutting-edge action, believable protagonists, and action that is solidly intense throughout.”
- San Francisco Book Review “Science fiction fans will love The SHIVA Syndrome. Fans of paranormal fiction, psychological thriller, philosophy and fantasy will love it, too.”